The Australian dietary guidelines (2013) recommend whole grain intake as part of a well-balanced diet. Australians are falling short on our intake of whole grains. Less than a third of us eat the recommended amounts. For 2-8 year olds, the recommended intake of grain (cereal) foods is 4 serves a day, which increases to 7 serves a day for older adolescents and becomes 4-6 serves a day for adults, with at least two-thirds to come from whole grains, but the more the better!
- Eating your way to a healthy gutMay 29, 2018
- What is fibre, anyway?May 29, 2018
- Carbohydrates are back in vogue – and for a good [gut] reason!May 29, 2018
- South Sydney Rabbitohs’ 28 Day Gut Reboot with Barley+May 3, 2018
- 5 Steps to Better Gut HealthSeptember 29, 2017
- Eating your way to a healthy gut
Follow Us On